Do you have a DVD or a CD you want to make a copy of? There’s a very flexible application that has been around for a while and it is called Toast Titanium. It’s made by Roxio and is available here as a paid application: Toast on Roxio’s website. It retails for USD 79.99 after a USD 20 mail-in rebate.
If you want to know how to use Toast Titanium to make a copy of a DVD or CD you own, follow this step-by-step tutorial below. This works whether you are copying a disk which contains movies, music, or documents.
- Launch Toast Titanium
- Insert the CD (or DVD) you want to copy.
- Select “Copy” on the upper left side of the Toast window.
- Click “Record”–that’s the big red button on the lower right of the window.
- A dialogue window will appear after you press “Record.” Choose the number of copies you want to make by typing a number. In this example we’ll be making only one copy.
- Click the “Record” button on the dialogue box. Now wait while Toast records the original CD (or DVD) you are copying.
- When Toast is done recording the disk, it will eject your disk. Get the disk and then insert a blank recordable disk. After you’ve inserted the disk, Toast will automatically begin writing the contents of your original disk to the recordable disk.
- When Toast is done, a dialogue box will appear saying that “Your disk is ready.” Now click the button in the dialogue box which says “Eject.” Toast will eject the CD (or DVD) copy you made using Toast.
- Another dialogue box will appear. Click “OK.” And you’re done.
Continue reading if you’re not sure if your computer meets the minimum requirements.
You will need the following:
- Macintosh computer running OSX 10.4 or later on a Power PC or Intel processor.
- The Toast Titanium application
- An optical drive capable of burning DVDs or CDs. Macbook Pros have built in DVD burners. Some Macs, such as certain iBooks, have Combo Drives can burn CDs but not DVDs. If you have a Macbook Air or a new Mac Mini, you could attach a Superdrive to burn DVDs and CDs.
Was this post helpful? Let me know in the comments section below.