Just in case you haven’t had enough of Angry Birds. Did you know that there’s a way to play Angry Birds for free on Mac OSX?
Angry Birds costs USD 0.99 on the iOS App Store on the iPhone or iPod Touch. For the Mac, you can get Angry Birds on the App Store for USD 4.99. But you can also play the addictive game on the Mac. It’s free and, for the record, it’s perfectly legal.
Learn more after the jump.
Angry Birds is an addictive puzzle video game which first became available in the iOS App Store for iPhone and iPod Touch owners in December 2009. The premise is simple. Green pigs have stolen some birds’ eggs from the nest. That serves to explain why the birds are so angry. To play the game, you must use a slingshot to catapult colorful birds to hit green pigs who hide behind complex fortifications.
- Learn how to delete Google Chrome browsing data and history
- Learn how to activate Private Browsing in Google Chrome
The game, made by Rovio, became a runaway hit, selling 12 million copies of the game on the Apple App Store. The game is also available for the iPad and for Android phones and tablets.
To play Angry Birds on a Mac for free, you should have an Intel Mac running Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard or later.
You will need a Gmail account and the Google Chrome browser installed on your Mac.
- Get Google Chrome for Mac by going to the download page here.
Once you have Google Chrome, you’ll need to follow the steps below to install Angry Birds.
- Launch Google Chrome;
- Go to the Chrome Web store here;
- If you are not signed in to Gmail, sign in to your Google or Gmail account by clicking Sign In in the upper right hand corner of the Google Chrome window. You will be taken to the Google sign in page. Enter your Gmail account name and password and click the Sign In button;
- Type in “angry birds” in the search bar in the upper-right corner of the Google Chrome window;
- Click on Angry Birds (or other another version of your choice, like Angry Birds Seasons) and click on + Add to Chrome;
- Angry Birds will be added to your Google Chrome Apps. Click on Angry Birds and wait for the app to install.
When you play Angry Birds on your Mac for the first time
You will be asked to log in to Angry Birds to get 100 additional levels, but you don’t have to log in. Do the following steps to start playing immediately.
- Logging in is optional. You may click No Thanks to start playing;
- If you haven’t logged in, you won’t be be able to play the bonus levels, such as Season’s Greedings. That’s okay. Click Play;
- Select 1 Poached Eggs (to the right of Season’s Greedings) to start playing from the first level;
- Select level 1 to start playing.
That’s it. Angry Birds on your Mac for free. Now start playing.
Was this post helpful? Let me know in the comments section.
You might be interested to read more about Google Chrome:
- Learn how to cycle through tabs in Google Chrome
- Learn how to stop Google Chrome from opening automatically on startup