With Stanza Desktop practically dead, we have one less epub reader for Mac OS X. There’s Calibre, which is an ebook reader and ebook library manager. It is also a powerful app for converting ebooks to and from various formats.
Adobe has its own ebook reader, called Adobe Digital Editions, for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. It supports PDF, XHTML, and epub files. Adobe Digital Editions can be used to read books protected by Digital Rights Management or DRM.
Read more after the jump.
There are a number of great ebook readers for iOS. On the iPhone and the iPod Touch, there is Apple’s iBooks app, for instance.
Calibre and the Stanza are good apps for Mac OS X. If you have ebooks from Amazon, you may download the Kindle app for Mac OS X for free.
For comic book lovers, there is Comical and Simple Comic.
This step-by-step guide will teach you how to install Adobe Digital Editions on Mac OS X.
Adobe has its own ebook reader and library manager called Adobe Digital Editions. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to download and install Adobe Digital Editions.
- Go to the Adobe Digital Editions page here: download page.
- Scroll down to show the Digital Editions Installer;
- Click the Launch button on the page. A dialogue box with a progress bar labeled “Adobe Digital Editions Downlaoder” will show you a downloads progress bar. (Note that Adobe misspelled “Downlaoder.” Right.)
- When download completes, the installer will start automatically. In the installer window, click Continue;
- You will be asked where you want to install Adobe Digital Editions. Click Continue;
- In the next window, Click Install;
- When prompted type in your administrator password and click Install Software;
- If you agree with the license agreement, click I Agree.
That’s it. You have installed Adobe Digital Editions on Mac OS X. Adobe Digital Editions will launch automatically as soon as you’ve agreed to the license agreement.
Adobe Digital Editions requires some setting up when you launch it the first time. I’ll be posting instructions for that soon. I will be updating this page and the link below when I’m done with the post.
tune in again for this upcoming post read: